Location: Victoria, BC
Posting Date: Jun 3, 2022
Closing Date: Jun 17, 2022
Employment Type: Full TimeAPPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Mortgage Portfolio Manager
A Brighter Financial Future!
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (FAMC) is a client-focused, independent Mortgage Investment Manager as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard started business in 1994 and has grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers. Fisgard is the manager of both Fisgard Capital Corporation and Fisgard Capital II Corporation and distributes the securities across Canada.
About this Role:
Reporting directly to the President, the Mortgage Portfolio Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing Fisgard Asset Management’s lending services and will have direct oversight of the mortgage loan portfolio performance, specifically residential, commercial and construction mortgages through the entire lending lifecycle. The Mortgage Portfolio Manager will analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of lending services, will work closely with mortgage investment specialists (underwriters) in structuring mortgage transactions while ensuring that all services are professionally delivered, and clients are well served.
The Mortgage Portfolio Manager will also play an integral role in ensuring data integrity of the portfolio and will determine appropriate risk practices while contributing to and ensuring that lending operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
What you’ll be doing as the Mortgage Portfolio Manager:
- Oversee and direct all Company underwriting functions and assume responsibility for the development and implementation of effective Lending and Collections Portfolio Management and planning
- Assist Senior Management with long and short-term credit planning, developing a complete lending strategy for the company
- Participate in creating, reviewing, and updating policies and procedures to align with industry trends, overall effectiveness, evolving industry regulations, legal requirements and recommend changes to the Senior Management
- Ensure that lending activities are conducted in accordance with established policy guidelines and are properly documented. Keep Senior Management informed of loan activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems
- Effectively manage and monitor risks of the portfolio including adherence to the process and procedures established policies for both new and renewal of loans
- Track, report and communicate portfolio trends, including trends in delinquency, watch list loans, demands and foreclosures
- Keep up to date with the developments in areas of AML, ATF and ensure company’s policies are updated and in line with external requirements. Ensure employees are regularly trained and updated about the AML and ATF policies
- Interface with capital investment and mortgage investment teams and senior management to ensure credit investments fit within Fisgard’s credit risk appetite
- Oversee and review loans for approval with the Company’s Senior Credit Committee based on credit policies and appropriate authorities
- Complete required reports and related documents promptly and accurately, and in compliance with Company guidelines and policies. Ensure the maintenance of department records and communicate and interact with internal and external auditors as required
- Manage, supervise, and support a team of professional Mortgage Investment Specialists (underwriters) and mortgage administration through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication ensuring optimal performance
- Ensure that the Company’s core values are upheld throughout lending and business transactions and maintain excellent communication with internal and external clients to ensure customer satisfaction
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of progressive lending experience focused on retail and commercial mortgages in a leadership role within a financial services organization
- Degree in management, finance, or business or sufficient years of experience at the management level
- Current mortgage agent/broker license in the province of British Columbia or have the ability to complete required licensing within 6 months
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job
- Previous experience working with financial regulators, government regulations and legal requirements involving lending, collections, and related functions
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and credit servicing over a 7-10 year period
- Business development skills, analytical abilities and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio
- Previous experience working with regulators in a financial services environment
- Demonstrated experience presenting and working with Executive Management, Brokers and Clients
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from operational discussions to high-level, executive vision)
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Results-oriented, self-starter, with highly effective strategic influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent relationship management resulting in a proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with respect and grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Knowledge of private/non-bank mortgages products and applicable policies and standards
Why Fisgard Asset Management:
- Competitive salary with variable compensation opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits Coverage
- Short and Long-Term Disability Plan
- RRSP Matching
- Flexible working hours with the ability to utilize “Flex Time”
- On-site gym
- Company & Community events and activities – we like to have fun too!
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
- A commitment to your professional development and continuous learning
- A positive working atmosphere
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position. Fisgard will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for the role. Thank you in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Application Deadline: June 17th, 2022
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Mortgage Portfolio Manager” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Apply Online here:APPLY FOR THIS POSITION