Location: Victoria, BC
Posting Date: February 6, 2020
Closing Date: February 23, 2020
Employment Type: Part Time
A Brighter Financial Future™ — For You! For our Clients!
We are seeking a dynamic Mortgage Administrator to join our team. As this role is part-time, it offers you flexibility in both the number of hours worked and the specific days worked to match your life’s needs. We also provide training and education to support your success.
Our caring culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people, and belief in our brand to help Canadians attain ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™! We value and reward your experience and commitment to teamwork.
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (Fisgard) is a client-focused, independent manager of Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs) as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard celebrates its 26th year in business having grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers. Fisgard manages Fisgard Capital Corporation (FCC) and Fisgard Capital II Corporation (FCIIC), distributing the securities of these MICs and investing in mortgages in various provinces of Canada pursuant to each MICs offering memoranda.
Our company was named after Fisgard Lighthouse which was built in 1860 in Esquimalt Harbour in Victoria. Fisgard Lighthouse symbolizes security, stability and vision – qualities we believe in and feel are important to our investors.
Primarily an equity lender, Fisgard arranges flexible and creative residential and commercial private mortgage solutions for borrowers from BC to Ontario. Fisgard mortgage products range from residential 1st and 2nd second mortgages to multi-million dollar commercial, construction and mezzanine loans. Fisgard offers mortgage investment products through mortgage brokers to borrowers from BC to Ontario and is a mortgage brokerage and a mortgage administrator.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future, we are seeking a new member of our Mortgage team working out of our head office in beautiful Victoria BC.
You will lead the process for mortgage renewals including communicating with mortgage brokers and borrowers. A variety of skills and expertise are required that support the renewal process including following up renewal conditions, mortgages past maturity, documentation and assisting mortgage underwriters.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Mortgage administration knowledge (sub mortgage broker license is an asset)
- Proficient with technology, Microsoft applications, with a focus on Excel spreadsheets
- Good interpersonal skill, professional phone skills
- Confident in communications with borrowers/brokers
- Quick learner, good organizational skills
- Ability to work within deadlines, and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Detail-oriented person who can work independently and in collaboration with the mortgage team
You will love being a valued member of the Fisgard Family
- As a member of a dynamic team you can express your vibrant personality in helping us build ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™
- A company committed to career growth and supporting your lifelong learning and development needs
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Opportunity to be involved with Fisgard in events that help our community
Application Deadline:February 23th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Mortgage Administrator” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online here: