Location: Victoria, BC
Posting Date: January 27th, 2019
Closing Date: February 16th, 2020
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Competitive Salary and Benefit package
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
A Brighter Financial Future!
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Mortgage Underwriter to join our team.
Our caring culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people, and belief in our brand to help Canadians attain ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™! We value and reward your experience and commitment to teamwork.
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (Fisgard) is a client-focused, independent manager of Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs) as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard celebrates its 26th year in business having grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers. Fisgard manages Fisgard Capital Corporation (FCC) and Fisgard Capital II Corporation (FCIIC), distributing the securities of these MICs and investing in mortgages in various provinces of Canada pursuant to each MICs offering memoranda.
Our company was named after Fisgard Lighthouse which was built in 1860 in Esquimalt Harbour in Victoria. Fisgard Lighthouse symbolizes security, stability and vision – qualities we believe in and feel are important to our investors.
Primarily an equity lender, Fisgard arranges flexible and creative residential and commercial private mortgage solutions for borrowers from BC to Ontario. Fisgard mortgage products range from residential 1st and 2nd second mortgages to multi-million dollar commercial, construction and mezzanine loans. Fisgard offers mortgage investment products through mortgage brokers to borrowers from BC to Ontario and is a mortgage brokerage and a mortgage administrator.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future, we are seeking a new member of our Mortgage team working out of our head office in beautiful Victoria BC.
You will lead the analysis and oversight of a portfolio of residential and construction mortgage investments throughout their lifecycle (origination, payments, renewal and maturity). Primary responsibilities are underwriting, risk analysis, processing and approving mortgage applications from mortgage brokers. You will be engaged in building solid relationships with mortgage brokers ensuring volume, asset quality and profitability targets are top of mind.
A variety of skills and expertise are required that support the underwriting and approval process for new credit applications, conducting annual reviews on mortgage accounts, analyzing financial information, and completing analysis of industry and market data, as required.
You will be responsible for these activities being is in accordance with established policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements. Additional areas of focus are ensuring mortgage investment portfolio growth, risk mitigation, revenue generation and meeting defined team and corporate goals.
- The nature of your experience can range from mid to expert levels with varying experience in residential and construction lending.
- Demonstrates creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to uphold high quality of client service and product knowledge to clients
- Ability to work in an environment with tight timelines and deadlines
- Commitment to excellence, strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in Mortgage Broker / Mortgage Underwriter role with preference given on your years of experience
- Experience in alternative mortgage markets
- Any provincial mortgage broker license
- Networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills
- Practical skills and knowledge of sales and client relationship techniques
- Knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
You will love being a valued member of the Fisgard Family
- As a member of a dynamic team you can express your vibrant personality in helping us build ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™
- A company committed to career growth and supporting your lifelong learning and development needs
- Competitive salary (base and variable) commensurate with skills and experience
- Great health benefits, RRSP matching programs and recognition programs
- Opportunity to be involved with Fisgard in events that help our community
Application Deadline: February 16th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Mortgage Underwriter” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Apply Online here:APPLY FOR THIS POSITION