Location: Victoria, BC
Closing Date: May 24th, 2020
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Competitive Salary and Benefit package
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
A Brighter Financial Future!
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Controller to join our team.
Our caring culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people, and belief in our brand to help Canadians attain ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™! We value and reward your experience and commitment to teamwork. Our company name was inspired by Victoria’s Fisgard Lighthouse which was built in 1860 in Esquimalt Harbour. Fisgard Lighthouse symbolizes security, stability, and vision – qualities we believe in and feel are important to our investors.
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (Fisgard) is a client-focused, independent as a manager of Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs) as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard celebrates its 26th year in business having grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers. Fisgard has two primary goals. First of all to preserve capital and furthermore to provide consistent reliable returns to our investors. As a result, in good times as well as hard times Fisgard has delivered a reasonable dividend that compares favorably with other income investments, outperforming many.
Fisgard manages and distributes the securities of Fisgard Capital Corporation (FCC) and Fisgard Capital II Corporation (FCIIC) pursuant to each MICs offering memoranda. These securities offer diversification to private investors seeking alternatives to traditional equity and fixed-income products by offering access to mortgage markets from British Columbia to Ontario through Mortgage Brokers not typically available to individuals, providing greater portfolio risk diversification with less correlation to stocks, bonds and mutual funds and achieving the enviable track record of having always paid dividends and honoring its qualified redemptions without fail.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future, we are seeking a passionate people-oriented leader to be a new member of our management team working out of our office in beautiful Victoria BC.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who places emphasis on financial oversight and the full cycle accounting of the organizations, client and employee engagement, excels at relationship building, and has a hands-on, collaborative approach. This leadership position reports to the President requiring considerable financial expertise. This position will play a critical role in the behind the scenes operations of a local BC success story operating across Canada.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following credentials and experience:
- CPA designation with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products, specifically Excel
- Advanced analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of financial management, IFRS Accounting Standards and internal controls
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Leadership presence and ability to build credibility at all levels within the organization and externally with regulators and auditors
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and have an all hands-on desk when required attitude.
- Commitment to excellence, strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail
You will love being a valued member of the Fisgard Family
- As a member of a dynamic team you can express your vibrant personality in helping us build ‘A Brighter Financial Future’™
- A company committed to career growth and supporting your lifelong learning and development needs
- Competitive salary (base and variable) commensurate with skills and experience
- Great health benefits and RRSP matching programs
- Opportunity to be involved with Fisgard in events that help our community
Application Deadline: My 24th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Controller” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Apply Online here:APPLY FOR THIS POSITION