Location: Vancouver, BC
Posting Date: Dec 9, 2021
Closing Date: Jan 15, 2022
Employment Type: Full TimeAPPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Business Development / Broker Relations Manager – BC Region
A Brighter Financial Future!
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation (Fisgard) is a client-focused, independent manager of Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs) as well as an Exempt Market Dealer and alternative/private mortgage lender.
Fisgard commenced business in 1994 and has grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers specifically focused on Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs). Fisgard is the manager of Fisgard Capital Corporation and Fisgard Capital II Corporation and distributes the securities of FCC and FCIIC in various provinces of Canada pursuant to their offering memoranda.
Located in beautiful Victoria BC, Fisgard offers mortgage investment products from British Columbia to Ontario. Our company was named after Fisgard Lighthouse which was built in 1860 in Esquimalt Harbour in Victoria. Fisgard Lighthouse symbolizes security, stability and vision – qualities we believe in and feel are important to our investors. Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future, we are seeking a new member of our Corporate team.
Fisgard is expanding our Business Development / Broker Relations Team! We are looking for an experienced, motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is excited to join our successful sales team. The BC Region Broker Relations Manager will be responsible for originating residential mortgages through the mortgage broker channel throughout in British Columbia. You will join a high-performance sales team with the support of an experienced underwriters and administration.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial mortgage referral relationships with mortgage brokers in your region
- Provide unparalleled sales support, product training to all your business partners
- Take ownership of your territory’s volume objectives while maintaining both deal quality and underwriting efficiency standards
- Liaise with your colleagues in underwriting in resolving issues with business partners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with mortgage brokers, lender referral partners and the mortgage industry community
- Enhance Fisgard’s brand and promote our value proposition as an alternative lender
- Maintain a strong ‘sales’ funnel/list of existing and prospective mortgage brokers
- Prepare and present regular reporting to Fisgard’s SVP Broker Relations on all marketing efforts
- Network at mortgage industry and related events
- Develop and maintain appropriate corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Regular provincial travel will be required and you may be required to travel internationally
- Must be fully vaccinated for Canadian and International travel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Passionate sales professional with a proven growth track record
- Expertise in relationship management with high level of persuasion and negotiation skills
- Clear communication skills and ability to simplify processes
- Mortgage Broker License
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing and/or sufficient years of mortgage lending and marketing experience at the management level to offset a degree.
- 5 years of business development / broker relations experience
- Marketing and social media experience is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Service oriented
- Ability to work independently
Fisgard Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities commensurate with skills and experience
- Great health benefits, RRSP matching programs and recognition programs
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in Fisgard events that help our community
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2022
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Business Development / Broker Relations Manager – BC Region” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – email@example.com or
Apply Online here:APPLY FOR THIS POSITION